IPAN Activities in 2020
Given the current travel and social distancing restrictions, the IPAN board has needed to curtail the planned programme for 2020, rescheduling most events into 2021 and focusing on Zoom internet webinar delivery.
Our 2020 activities include:
- Planning our main 2021 event: April/May 2021 – “Export opportunities for IP rich companies”
To be held in collaboration with the Institute of Directors, the IPO, industry and the IP Professions, as part of IPAN’s 2021 World IP Day celebrations.
- Contributing to the IP basics guides for SMEs produced by 4IP-Council, an associate IPAN member
These have now been finalised – see latest Guide on design rights
- Ruth Soetendorp representating IPAN and UK IP educational interests at the annual Center for IP Understanding (CIPU) seminar in the USA;
This occurred in March just before the travel shutdown – Ruth’s report is available here
- Holding a well attended joint Zoom workshop with CIPU for IP educators on 8 Jul 2020 – see report here
- Planning a network webinar: Thurs 19th Nov 2020 – IP and 5G: keep the date – more details shortly
- Planning the IPAN AGM: Thurs 19th Nov
This is a provisional date and arrangements are subject to the prevailing Government restrictions; details will be sent to members nearer the time.