The Intellectual Property Awareness Network (IPAN) who operate the site (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (“the Act”), the Data Controller is:
The Intellectual Property Awareness Network at c/o CIPA, 2nd Floor, Halton House, 20-23 Holborn, London EC1N 2JD.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
Information you give us.
You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you send us an enquiry or when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph.
Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information including the type of web browser and operating system you use when looking at our site.
- The Internet Protocol address of the computer you use to connect to the internet;
- User interaction information including content and features that you click on and view.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us. We may use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from your membership of the Intellectual Property Awareness Network (IPAN) and any contract entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing member of IPAN or user of our website, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Information we collect about you. We may use this information:
- To administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- To improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- To understand which sites are useful for visitors to our site and vice versa;
- As part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure.
We may share this information with analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
SHARING INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from other websites including social media sites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites may have their own terms and conditions and privacy policies that apply and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability once you have left our site via one of these links. Please read these policies carefully before using these sites or submitting any personal data.