The IPAN membership includes varied commercial, financial, professional and academic organisations all with a shared enthusiasm for IP and a passionate belief in its key role in the developing “knowledge” economy. However, IPAN does not lobby for any particular sector or viewpoint but seeks to provide a balanced view on IP matters. As a result IPAN is increasingly seen as an authority on IP awareness issues amongst important stakeholders.
IPAN welcomes written applications to join from other organisations and individuals who can subscribe to IPAN’s aims and objectives. Membership applications are decided on their merits by the IPAN Directors. A joining fee and first annual membership fee will then be payable, both of which are £160 for 2017. Members are all governed by the IPAN Articles of Association and Rules.
Benefits of Membership include:
- Accessing a unique source of IP intelligence drawn from the wider IP community including government, professional organisations, industry and academia on a national basis – no other UK group exists which brings together such a wide range of different bodies all of which have an interest in IP and its relevance to society.
- Attending network meetings with your guests (space permitting) to hear presentations by invited experts and discuss current IP topics and to network with other members, and speakers – you are welcome to join us at one of our network meetings if you are interested in becoming a member. Go to the Diary and then contact us for an invitation.
- Contributing to one of IPAN’s sector focus groups:
- Taking part in IPAN’s annual Parliamentary Event for parliamentarians, IP opinion leaders and their guests, celebrating World Intellectual Property Day in April, usually held in the Palace of Westminster.
- Helping develop and review briefing papers about IP topics of current interest – the IP Topic Briefs.
- Shaping research into the social and economic value, effects, education and public awareness of IP.
- Raising your profile by joining a highly regarded network committed to improved understanding about IP and its value to society – your name or organisation to the list of IPAN members.
To make a formal application to become an IPAN member, please provide relevant information in the application form below. The statement supporting your application is important and must indicate briefly your organisation’s (or your own) interest or involvement with IP. Before applying, it is important that you have read and are able to support the IPAN charitable educational objects (copy available here). Your application will then be circulated in confidence for a decision by the IPAN Directors.
Submission of the application form acknowledges that you have read and support the IPAN charitable educational objects.