- IPAN membership includes varied UK commercial, financial, professional and academic organisations and individuals all with a shared enthusiasm for IP and a passionate belief in its key role in the developing “knowledge” economy. However, IPAN does not lobby for any particular sector or viewpoint but seeks to provide a balanced view on IP matters. As a result IPAN is increasingly seen as an authority on IP awareness issues amongst important stakeholders.
- IPAN welcomes written applications to join from organisations and individuals based primarily in the UK (including students in full-time education) who can subscribe to IPAN’s aims and objectives. Membership applications are decided on their merits by the IPAN Directors.
- There is normally a joining fee of £160 payable on acceptance, but this fee is waived for students. 2020 Renewal fees have been suspended for existing IPAN members during the COVID-19 emergency.
- All members are governed by the IPAN Articles of Association and Rules.
Benefits of Membership include:
- Accessing a unique source of IP intelligence drawn from the wider IP community including government, professional organisations, industry and academia on a national basis – no other UK group exists which brings together such a wide range of different bodies all of which have an interest in IP and its relevance to society.
- Attending network webinars and “in person” events with your guests (space permitting) to hear presentations by invited experts and discuss current IP topics and to network with other members and speakers.
- Contributing to one of IPAN’s sector focus groups:
- Taking part in IPAN’s major events such as its regular Parliamentary Event for parliamentarians, IP opinion leaders and their guests, celebrating World Intellectual Property Day in April, usually held in the Palace of Westminster.
- Helping develop and review briefing papers about IP topics of current interest – the IP Topic Briefs.
- Shaping research into the social and economic value, effects, education and public awareness of IP.
- Raising your profile by joining a highly regarded UK network committed to improved understanding about IP and its value to society – your name or organisation will be added to the list of IPAN members.
If you are interested in becoming a member, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, with your Name, Organisation and Contact details and we will send you an Application Form.
If you are a student, please tell us the university or college and the course you are studying.