online IP teaching workshop – 8 July 2020 17.00-21.00 BST
In preparation for Autumn when IP courses will be taught mostly online IPAN, the UK Intellectual Property Awareness Network, and CIPU, the US Center for Intellectual Property Understanding, invite you to an international Zoom workshop hosted by City University of London.
The event will be chaired by Ruth Soetendorp and will share good practice and practical tips in good time for the transition to online teaching.
The programme will comprise a series of 15-minute presentations, with opportunity for Q&A, on three themes:
- IP teaching and learning with large student groups
- Vibrant Asynchronous/Synchronous IP teaching and learning
- Online assignments and assessment, IP Clinics and IP Awareness
Confirmed speakers include:
- Hayleigh Bosher, Lecturer in IP Law, School of Law, Brunel University
- Caroline Coles, Senior Lecturer in IP Law, Aston Law School
- Janice Denoncourt, Senior Lecturer in IP Law (IPAN Board), Nottingham Trent University
- Laurent Manderieux, Professor in IP Law, Bocconi University, Law Department
- Dinusha Mendis, Professor in IP Law, Centre for IP Policy & Management (CIPPM), Bournemouth University
- Kathryn and Andrew Penaluna, Professors in Enterprise Education, University of Wales Trinity St David
- Mickie Piatt, Professor in IP Law (CIPU Board), Chicago Kent College of Law, Illinois Institute of Technology
- Joe Sekhon, Senior Lecturer in IP Law, Portsmouth University, IP Law Clinic, Knowledge Exchange Campus Creator
- Ruth Soetendorp, Professor Emerita IP Management and Law (IPAN Board), CIPPM, Bournemouth University, and City University of London; and
- Ulrika Wennersten, Senior Lecturer in IP Law and Economics, School of Economics and Management, Lund University
Register to join the event via the following link:
Places are strictly limited to 100 participants. Joining instructions and full programme will be forwarded shortly before the Zoom workshop begins. The workshop will be recorded and made available to registrants.