IPAN 2020 Activities
With the current COVID-19 restrictions, the IPAN board has needed to curtail the planned programme for 2020, rescheduling most events with a focus on Zoom internet webinar delivery. In April/May 2021 we plan a major event “Export opportunities for IP rich companies” in collaboration with the Institute of Directors, the IPO, industry and the IP professions as part of IPAN’s World IP Day celebrations
Tues November 24th @3.00 – 4.30pm GMT
5G mobile networks and IP rights: winner takes all
IPAN’s major online discussion in partnership with the IET
Covering major issues for the latest generation of mobile telecoms – 5G – and ownership of the tech behind it, a panel of experts, chaired by entrepreneur Alessandro Hatami, will answer questions and respond to your points.
- Attendance is free, but you must register in advance here
- Read the event flyer here!
Thurs December 10th @1pm GMT
IPAN’s Annual General Meeting – this year via Zoom telecommunications for members
Earlier this year :
- We contributed to the IP basics guides for SMEs produced by 4IP-Council, an associate IPAN member
These have now been finalised – see latest Guide on design rights
- In March IPAN director Ruth Soetendorp represented IPAN and UK IP educational interests at the annual Center for IP Understanding (CIPU) seminar in the USA; This occurred just before the travel shutdown – Ruth’s report is available here
- In July we held a well attended joint Zoom workshop with CIPU on online teaching issues for IP educators – see report here