IPAN Directors Nigel Worth and Associate Professor Dr Janice Denoncourt have been invited to participate in a three-day virtual conference. This international event has been jointly organised by Panjab University and Nottingham Law School‘s Intellectual Property Research Group to celebrate World IP day.
India’s economy is one of the fastest growing in the world. Historically and currently it is an important market for UK business, worth £8bn annually, and has been reported as the UK’s second largest export market. Protecting your IP is crucial when exporting and manufacturing products or licensing IP in India. UK business is well-positioned to engage in this export and investment market and learning more about India’s IP environment is a plus.
The conference will explore India and the UK’s IP ecosystems from a variety of perspectives. Indian and UK IP experts will share their research from socio-economic, jurisprudential, IP management, commercialisation, technology transfer and IP education perspectives.
An event flyer is accessible here and a full event programme here. This virtual conference can be accessed using the links at the bottom of this page.
Special guests from the UK will include:
- Huw Watkins, Head of Asia Policy, UK Intellectual Property Office
- Ms Pragya Chaturvedi, UKIPO India IP Attache, UK Intellectual Property Office
- Mr Nigel Worth, Director UK IP Awareness Network (IPAN) and IP investor
- Prof. Cillian Ryan, Pro-Vice Chancellor (International)
- Professor Jane Jarman, NLS IP Research Group
- Keynote speaker IPAN Director Dr J Denoncourt on ‘Youth and Innovating for a Better Future’.
Eminent speakers from India will include:
- Prof. R Tewari, DPIIT-Chair, Panjab University, Chandigarh
- Prof. Raj Kumar, Vice-Chancellor, Panjab University, Chandigarh
- Dr. Jatinder K Arora, Exec. Director, Punjab State Council for Science & Technology, Chandigarh
- Prof. Raman Mittal, Faculty of Law, University of Delhi, Delhi; Visiting Professor, Faculty of Law, University of Oxford, Oxford, UK
- Dr. Parvinder K Maini, Scientific Secretary, Office of Principal Scientific Advisor, Govt. of India
- Prof. Devinder Singh, Chairperson, Dept. of Laws, Panjab University, Chandigarh
- Keynote speaker Dr. Yogesh Pai, DPIIT-IPR Chair Professor, National Law University, Delhi
The conference will culminate with a lively Roundtable to which Nigel Worth will contribute on the theme of ‘Stimulation of the IP Ecosystem in the Academic Sector’.
We look forward to you joining us.
An event flyer is accessible here and a full event programme here. This virtual conference can be accessed using the following links: