Joint IPAN-CIPU online IP teaching workshop – July 8, 2020
In preparation for the autumn transition to online teaching of most IP courses, the UK Intellectual Property Awareness Network (IPAN) and the US Center for Intellectual Property Understanding (CIPU), held a first, well attended (70 registrants),international Zoom workshop on July 8th to share good practice and practical tips amongst IP educators.
The open workshop was organised by Janice Denoncourt and Ruth Soetendorp (IPAN) and Mickie Piatt (CIPU), chaired by Ruth Soetendorp, and hosted by City University of London.
The programme was based around three themes, each followed by Q&A.
- IP teaching and learning with large student groups
- Vibrant Asynchronous/Synchronous IP teaching and learning
- Online assignments and assessment, IP Clinics and IP Awareness
The presenters were:
- Ruth Soetendorp (Workshop Chair), Professor Emerita IP Management and Law (IPAN Board), CIPPM, Bournemouth University, and City University of London
Theme 1 – IP teaching and learning with large student groups
- Dinusha Mendis, Professor in IP Law, Centre for IP Policy & Management (CIPPM), Bournemouth University
- Ulrika Wennersten, Senior Lecturer in IP Law and Economics, School of Economics and Management, Lund University
- Laurent Manderieux, Professor in IP Law, Bocconi University, Law Department
- Gabriele Gagliani, Professor Doctor, Bocconi University, Law Department
Theme 2 – Vibrant Asynchronous/Synchronous IP teaching and learning
- Janice Denoncourt, Senior Lecturer in IP Law (IPAN Board), Nottingham Trent University
- Joe Sekhon, Senior Lecturer in IP Law, Portsmouth University, IP Law Clinic, Knowledge Exchange Campus Creator
- Lisa Redman, UK Intellectual Property Office Policy
Theme 3 – Online assignments and assessment, IP Clinics and IP Awareness
- Caroline Coles, Senior Lecturer in IP Law, Aston Law School
- Kathryn and Andrew Penaluna, Professors in Enterprise Education, University of Wales Trinity St David
- Hayleigh Bosher, Lecturer in IP Law, School of Law, Brunel University
- Mickie Piatt, Professor in IP Law (CIPU Board), Chicago Kent College of Law, Illinois Institute of Technology